Prep Dinner in the Summer to Survive the School Year

I know many of you are already back in the classroom, I start in 7 days.  Yikes!  I am not looking forward to the after school rush.  Housework, dinner, activities, homework, yadda, yadda, yadda.  About a year or two ago I purchased this book:





I know, I know...you can find all this stuff on pinterest.  But there is something about holding a book and paging through it.  

I have a confession.  I love to eat out.  Anywhere.  McDonald's, high-end restaurants, pubs, hotdog stands, you name it and I love to eat there.  You can see my problem during the school year is that I don't want to cook when I get home from work.  I want to eat out.  But, if there is something in the slow cooker or something thawing in the refrigerator that I have to eat before it spoils, then I'll eat at home without complaint.  That's where this book comes in.  For the recipes that I've tried so far, the measurements are spot on.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Tex-Mex Chicken Fingers - The kids like this one.  You don't need a recipe, just make homemade chicken fingers and freeze them.

Mozzarella Meatballs - These are FANTASTIC.  A pain in the ass to make, but delicious.

Cheese Steaks - Buy and freeze the rolls and cheese too!!  

Very Vanilla Snickerdoodles - Dessert in a flash


These are just a few of my favorites.  I'm not suggesting you go and purchase this book (you can if you want to).  I just wanted to share how pleased I am with the make-ahead meal trend.  I save money, time, dishes, and calories from not eating out.  

Anyway, that's where my last week of summer vacation is going...to the kitchen.  

Comments