A Day in the Life #MTBoS Mission 7





My day starts at 4:53.  Why 4:43?  5:00 wasn't enough time.  I always seemed to be running 7 minutes late.  So, 4:53 it is.  










My morning starts with a power outage.  This is the first time ever that I had to get ready for work by candle/flashlight.  As we are getting ready to leave the house, the power comes back on.  That's irony hard at work.  

I drop one of the boys at my parents' house and make my 15 minute commute to work.  My other son is going to work/school with his dad.  Today my husband is working at my son's school.  How convenient.  










I arrive at work 40 minutes before necessary and make copies.  I found that making copies first thing in the morning is most efficient because I don't have to wait in line.  


Today I'm doing a lot of group work and we are using the group role necklaces that I made last year.  You can read about those here.

In Algebra IB we are working on applications of linear equations.  Tomorrow is the test, I'm not sure about this though.    











Since the power was out this morning, I didn't want to stand with the refrigerator open rummaging for something for lunch.  Poptarts it is.  










Throughout the day I get to view these flowers that my parents so thoughtfully bought for me.  Thanks mom and dad!!









After school, I met with two Computer Programming professors from LCCC about making some of my classroom games digit.  We decided to move forward with Bounty Hunter.  In about 3 months their college students will start to program my game.  They are giving me a team of 4, 2 programmers and 2 artists.  I am so flipping excited about this that I am ready to jump out of my skin!!!  The game is about slope so keep reading this blog for updates. 










Seriously, I need someone to just slap this type of food out of my hand.  Poptarts for lunch and now this.  I wish I had time to run today.  






Before putting the boys to bed, we do a little light reading.  






Now it's my turn to unwind, a little zombie annihilating action....







...and I need to keep up with my book club pick this month.  So far so good. 

As I'm starting to fall asleep, I hear the light pitter patter of 3-year-old feet.  My husband is at the fire company for drill so his side of the bed is empty...but not for long.  


Comments

  1. Power outage to start the day? ugh - was this the result of the crazy storm that came through Sunday night?
    LCCC - You must not be far from where I am - I'm in the valley and I teach at Sem.

    Looks like a supercool game idea there.
    Thanks for sharing your day and pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I teach at Jim Thorpe and live in Lehighton. It's great because I'm so close to the Pocono Mountains and the Lehigh Valley.

      Delete
    2. We LOVE Jim Thorpe and the family of one of my students has a home in Lehighton. Pretty cool to know virtual friends are nearby

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love the odd wake up time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the pictures. I wasn't as organized, otherwise I was going to copy your idea for my blog. You did a great job of capturing great moments in your day. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos accompanying your day's story really drew me in and helped to pace the post well. Your video game project sounds really exciting---way to get a move on that! Can't wait to hear an update.

    "Tomorrow is the test, I'm not sure about this though." I wasn't sure what you meant by this. I hope the test goes well.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the students weren't ready for the test, so I decided to use it as formative assessment for me. Otherwise, I didn't know what else to do to support the students. They seemed to be stuck in a rut with writing linear equations. Blah.

      Delete
  5. Agreed, pictures were a very nice touch there. Good thing your phone had enough charge to take them, not to mention wake you up, what with the outage! Also nice to see I'm not the only one who tools about with an online game, though after Sims Social folded I seem to have gravitated to Castleville. >.< As to math, hope the test went better than expected - I think we've all been there, you can only do so many examples.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment