GCF and LCM Foldable

I am all for students understanding how and why procedures work, but sometime you just need a foldable to get through to them.  

Many of my students come to my class listing multiples of a particular set of numbers in order to find the least common multiple.  This is all well and fine until I ask them to find the LCM of monomials with variables.  Now they don't have a procedure to help them.  So below is a picture story of my foldable.  I forgot to put the stapler in the the first photo with the supplies, but I guess you could get away with not using it.














Comments

  1. This is what I came online to look for! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I'm using this for Algebra 1 for Algebraic Fractions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea!!! My three girls will find this very helpful. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply super! Like I said, it's simple and does a super job demonstrating GCF and LCM. It's terrific that the kids make these themselves...I think the info "sticks" better when it's self-made.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment