Lesson Plans and Google Docs

*Update* - I think I might be making another lesson plan change.  Check out the first comment on this post.  The website is amazing.


I'm a pencil and paper kind of gal.  So, when I made the switch from writing my lesson on paper to google docs, it was a big change for me.  In my district we are/were required to hand in a week's worth of lesson plans each Friday for the following week.  My problem with this is that I don't know what I'm doing from one day to the next.  This type of planning doesn't work well with formative assessment.  If the students need more time (or less time) for a particular topic, then the lesson plans need to change.  This resulted in a huge waste of my time, writing lesson plans that never came to fruition.  I decided to start writing my lesson plans on google doc and share those lesson with my administrators.

I can edit quickly (I can type faster than I write).  I can include links to website that I will need for that lesson.  I also include a reflection after the fact that will help in my planning next year.

My initial thought was to just tell you about this, but I feel that I should share it with you as well, warts and all.  Please don't judge me on my spelling or grammar.

Here it is.

Comments

  1. Check out commoncurriculum.com. Automatic links to CCSS, very customizable and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment